This colonial farmhouse has been painted many times over the years, at one time it was considered a Victorian house merely because it was painted like “Painted Lady”. We’ve restored back to one of its original colors, yellow. Our modern updated color scheme, Corinthian White for the base color and Mascarpone and Black Beauty for the accenting details.
The house was built in 1888 for the newlyweds Frank and Rose Mixer. Hence the address, Mixer Road. Today we’re the proud fifth owners of this beautiful estate.
Living room and the dining room have been dedicated to the first lady of the house, Rose Mixer. The rose floral wall covering in the dining room, the rose woven fabric on the kidney shaped sofa in the front sitting room and the rose iron bistro set on the front porch are all done to celebrate her.
The den has been set aside for Frank Mixer, with a deeper color palette and a masculine approach. This room has a view of Black Creek. Perfect for reading a book from our library while sipping on tea, listening to old records or watching a movie.
The kitchen is found behind two large double doors that separate the dining room which are only open while breakfast is being served. The dining room seats 8 comfortably around a rectangular galvanized metal farmhouse table.
The entrance is not to be forgotten. Dated from 1888, the original door is still used today. The colored stained glass windows in the door are the perfect accent for this entrance.
The house sleeps eight comfortably and this beautiful house is ideal for a family weekend trip, bridal parties or a group of friends looking to get away from it all.