This colonial farmhouse is sometimes considered a Victorian house, which would then also make it a “Painted Lady” if painted accordingly. The home was built in 1888 for newlyweds Frank and Rose Mixer. Hence the name of the street address, Mixer Road.
Living room and the dining room have been dedicated to Rose Mixer. The rose floral wall covering in the dining room, the rose woven fabric on the kidney shaped sofa in the front sitting room and the rose iron bistro set on the front porch are all done celebrating the first lady of this house, Rose Mixer.
The den has been set aside for Frank Mixer, with a deeper color palette and a masculine approach. This room has a view of Black Creek. Perfect for reading a book from our library whiling sipping on tea, listening to old records or watching a movie.
The kitchen is found behind two large double doors that separate the dining room which are only open while breakfast is being served. The dining room seats 8 comfortably around a rectangular galvanized metal farmhouse table.
The entrance is not to be forgotten. Dated from 1888, the original door is still used today. The colored stained glass windows in the door are the perfect accent for this entrance.
The house sleeps eight comfortably and this beautiful house is ideal for a family weekend trip, bridal parties or a group of friends looking to get away from it all.